CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY PRIVACY
PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE COLLECT
We collect and process the following personal data that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of the Site:
- Phone number
- e-mail address
- personal shopping and product preferences.
Authorised service providers may observe activities, preferences and transactional data from your device (such as your IP address, browser type and operating system) relating to your use of the Site. We may use this collected or logged information in order to provide better service, to facilitate our customers’ use of the Site, to track usage of the Site, to address security hazards, and for other administrative or operational purposes. Please see the section on Cookies below for more details.
LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING
We process your personal data on one of the following bases:
- to perform the services you have contracted us to perform; or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, and there is no detriment to your fundamental rights and freedoms in our doing so.
HOW WE USE & SHARE INFORMATION
We use your personal data to:
- Deliver our products and services to you;
- Process your orders and transactions;
- Operate our business, including the management of queries and returns;
- Develop and improve your shopping experience;
- Administer any promotions or competitions and notify winners; and
- Keep you informed by email or post about our products and services but only where you have requested this at the point you provide your information through the Site.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties for any reason unless you have requested or authorized us to do so.
We may share your personal data with third parties:
- we have contracted to perform services on our behalf, such as our e-commerce provider, who are required to keep the personal data we provide to them confidential and use it only to provide the services we ask them to perform;
- as permitted or required by law, such as in connection with a Court order or similar legal process;
- if we believe such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime, to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person;
- in the event that we undergo re-organization or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or insolvency, your information may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party.
We generally only send electronic marketing - such as email marketing - to people who have previously bought similar products from us and this is in our legitimate interests. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing when you first purchase our products and in every marketing communication afterward. We will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by asking us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account and adjusting your marketing preferences, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Right to withdraw your consent (opt out): If you have declared your consent regarding certain collecting, processing and use of your personal data (in particular, regarding the receipt of direct marketing communication via email, telephone/SMS and postal), you can withdraw this consent at any time with immediate effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal. Please contact us to withdraw your consent. Further, you can object to the use of your personal data for the purposes of marketing without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs in accordance with the basic tariffs.
Additional data privacy rights: Pursuant to applicable data protection law, you have the following rights:
- To request access to your personal data: to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- To request rectification: to require us to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- To request erasure (right to be forgotten): you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such personal data.
- To request restriction of processing: to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal data. In such a case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- To request data portability: to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- To object: to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us.
To exercise your rights, please contact us. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your data, and to correctly use the data we collect. For example, access to your personal data is strictly limited to our data controller, data processer, data protection officer who needs access to such data to perform their assigned job duties. We have built up a recovery system to prevent your data from destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure caused by automatic technology.
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your account credentials, and computer or other devices. “personal data breach” means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. We will investigate any complaint and notify the individual of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period.
COOKIES & HOW WE USE THEM
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
You can randomly manage and/or delete these cookies. You can delete all of the cookies stored on your computer and you can set up most browsers in such a manner that the archiving of cookies is prevented in the first place. However, if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some settings every time you visit and live with the impairment of some of the functions.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your choices or preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms last updated: 10th April 2021.